Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Excitement! Must Share...

Number One:

I get a call this a.m. from my mom and stepfather, who are visiting friends in Germany:

"You would not BELIEVE the yarn store we found."

Eek! I think I'm getting sock yarn. I don't even know what brands are popular in Germany, so I hope it's one that you can't find over here. Love it. Neither of them knit, but I took my mom to visit my LYS when she was here, so she knows what I like.

Number Two:

I am finally licensed to drive in D.C.

We won't go into the trauma I've had over this, but suffice it to say, I'm keeping my maiden name for now. Until I can change my passport, then update my Social Security card, then hop three times on one foot, then jump over the car I'm planning to drive, then run around the block backward, then...well, you get the idea. Let's just say job creation in D.C. starts with bureaucracy.

Now off to Slim's 15-month appointment. I had a dream he only gained one pound, so let's hope I'm wrong.

No comments: