Thursday, June 01, 2006

FO' Sho

I really have finished things while I've been gallivanting around this month.

First, the organic cotton dishcloth out of Pakucho yarn, a present I won from Carol at Infiknit. I used this free dishcloth pattern, which turned out such a wonderful traditional dishcloth. I might have to make myself a couple. It was a present for my sister's wedding shower, along with a really cool-looking cutting board from the Blue Ridge Cutting Board Company at Eastern Market and some lemon verbena hand and dish soaps. She has promised a pic, as I forgot to take one at the great unveiling.

Then I finished my stepmom's socks out of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in the rainbow colorway.

I'm calling them the "Happy Feet" socks. The variegated yarn did a really funky pooling pattern, and I only made them anklets because I wasn't sure how far the yarn would stretch. I really had fun knitting with this yarn, and I think the socks turned out so sunshiny and happy. I hope they make her feet happy too!

I used the Elongated Corded Rib pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. Speaking of, I went ahead and joined the KAL for the book, because it's been the basis of all of the stitch patterns I've used so far. Check it out.

I'm loving socks right now. I have to resist casting on for more before I finish the pairs I've already started. The chevron socks are moving along on the first foot, but I'm dreading the Kitchener stitch toe after a messy graft at the heel. OzKnitter passed along a link that I hope will help. She used the same yarn that I'm using for some really cool socks.

Well, I'm off to bed since the fam is off to Duck tomorrow for a friend's wedding this weekend on the beach. I'll probably try to do most of the driving. I'm debating whether to use my June Free Day in the Stashalong to find some Souvenir Yarn at this store I found, Knitting Addiction. The only problem is then I'll be done with stash enhancement for the month by the 5th. Eek! Don't know if that's such a good idea.

No comments: