Monday, June 26, 2006

Committed KIPper (Or the Knitting Serialist)

I love to knit in public. And I love the fact that there are so many places in D.C. where I can just whip out my knitting and not have to worry about it.

Today alone, I knit:
1. In the Metro
2. In the physical therapist's office
3. At a sidewalk cafe

I have even knit while walking the dog and carrying the baby in the backpack and while sitting on the bench at the park. And the funny thing is, I've never had the experience that a lot of people talk about, of people asking what I'm doing. It's like I'm in my own little world.

It certainly helps that I can drive and take the subway mostly everywhere. I've only driven twice in the past two weeks.

Of course, my tank top is still chugging along. Only 3 more repeats to go on the lace border til the 3-needle bindoff (which I've never done). I mostly worked on that today. And I need to get moving on the Magic Loop socks to see if they're going to work. And I need to up on finishing the fall socks, and the baby blanket, and see if I can make a baby hat out of some leftover yarn...

I've not exactly been project monogamous lately. I don't even want to count how many are on the needles now. 6-ish? Eek. Must. Knit. Faster. No photos right now, but to distract you:


A very cute baby and dog photo.

Slim's latest thing when we're feeding him (something he doesn't like, of course) is to turn his head, stick out his bottom lip in a pout and say "Na."

I had no idea it started this early.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ginny,
Enjoyed the picture of Malcolm and Mia!!! I think it is great that you can just get the kniting out anywhere and go to it. If you can knit while walking the dog and Malcolm you are a great Mom and a great multi-task person.

Love
Mom