Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My Husband Thinks They're Ugly


Oh well. Good thing I'm not making him any more socks.

Here are a couple of FOs:

To your left in this tour of Ginny's Sock House, a pair of toe-up socks on 56 stitches with the Openwork Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks. Bless you, Charlene Schurch. They were made with Claudia's Handpainted Yarn in Chocolate Cherry. The photo doesn't do the color justice: It really does look like chocolate and cherries.

I have not yet blocked them, but was thinking about making these sock blockers and jumping in tonight. I'm a little nervous about blocking. eek. I think I have a deep-seated fear of water.

And the Exile on Lonely Sock Island, a Welt Fantastic chevron sock, also from SKS. It's in Heirloom Jigsaw 4-ply yarn from Yarns Unlimited in Bloomington. I used 4 metal Boye dpns, and I must say: Garter stitch in the round on 4 dpns is FROM THE DEVIL. It is making me drag ass on casting on for the second sock. Must get over garter stitch hump, which only happens to be six rows wide.

If I do this sock pattern again, I will definitely do a ribbed top instead of garter stitch. I really wanted this pair of socks for myself, but alas, it fits my foot just barely. So it will be a gift to someone with smaller feet.

I've decided that from now until Christmas/Hanukkah (Did I really say that?) I'm not going to say who will be the deserving recipients of knitted goodies, since I know the fam is reading up on the blog. You're welcome to guess, but I'm not spilling the beans. Also, pleas for knitted wear are also welcome.

More updates to follow, including some summer wear for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want those chocolate cherry socks! They rock my world! Plus I saw you start them back home. Did I ever tell you you're my favorite knitter? And those socks match the dishes we picked out at bed bath and beyond. Have I made my case yet?