Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Love Me, Love My Stash

It's the end of Month 2 in the Grand Stashalong Project here at Casa De MuthaKnitter. Let's check in with our contestant:

Me: THIS SUCKS!!!

But not too hard. I actually feel like my appreciation for each individual yarn project has increased, and I've started to enjoy shopping out of my stash. Much like I have appreciated my real shopping days.

I never posted my April Free Day haul:

(Insert picture I can't find here. aaauuggh. Think sock yarn.)

So moving on, to the May Free Day haul:


A lovely Schoeller + Stahl Limbo yarn in a colorway that I'm too lazy to look up right now. Think socks.


A beautiful handpainted yarn locally produced in Indiana. My May Free Day also could qualify for a Souvenir Yarn Day since I spent it in Bloomington, Ind., while visiting my sister and the lovely folks at Yarns Unlimited. Think yet more socks. (Sense a theme?)

I must apologize for my sucky photo-taking skillz. It's embarrassing. Really. I think I'll sign up for a digital photography class at the Capitol Hill Arts Workshop, site of the abortive knitting class this winter.

Also I picked up my first self-striping yarn, which is going into the Welt Fantastic chevron pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. Alas, the picture still resides in the Canon, as my downloading patience has waned.

But the wonderful, marvelous, simply groovy thing about this Stashalong is that I have WON some sock yarn from the Lovely Laura on Sugar Bunny Boulevard. Check out this Spicy and stripey goodness:


As I said, my photo skillz do sucketh. Check out Laura's etsy shop for some real photos of the Spice colorway. But like I said, I WON. I WON, I WON, I WON!!! I NEVER WIN ANYTHING!!! Think, oh I don't know, you guess.

Other yarn presents have been forthcoming, but as I can hear the family coming back from their walk, it is time to post this puppy and move on to lunch preparations.

Think socks. I dare you not to.

No comments: