Tuesday, June 27, 2006

That's No Blarney!


Look at that beautiful stack of yarn! Tivoli Celtic Aran all the way from the Old Country, thanks to my wonderful stepdad, who is, unfortunately for him, back at work in Ireland until July 13. When he went the first time, all I asked for was yarn, and boy did he deliver. Apparently, with some difficulty, as yarn shops aren't that common in Ireland.

The only weird thing is this is the first yarn I've ever encountered that does not have a gauge recommendation. The ball band says use a 5mm (US8), but it doesn't say what you get with it. I'm swatching with a US9 because I knit tight. We'll see how it comes out. I love how the fabric looks knitted up. The yarn is a lovely light cream color with grey, black and brown flecks in it.

Honestly, it seems to call out for cables, which I haven't tackled yet. If anyone has some pattern suggestions, I'm all ears.

P.S. I also finally signed up for the Stitch and Bitch (Bite me, SFSE@!) DC group, and I hope to get to do some KIP-ing with other knitters!

No comments: