Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Well Looky Here



A day later update on the Original UFO:

The Feather and Fan pattern is coming out better than I expected, which you can't tell from this horrible photo taken with all the available lights in the living room pointed at the couch in the dark of night.

I know, I know, the scarf is ginormous wide -- 10in to be exact. But it is moving so fast. The yarns are really soft to work with, and I've memorized the pattern repeat.

I'm anxious that I won't have enough of the Manos, but I think I'll have plenty of the Kidsilk Haze. I'm going to try to haul ass on this project so I can give it to Sonia for her birthday celebration in two weekends. She's an incredibly tiny German lady, so I'm hoping even if it seems short, she can drape it around her neck once and it will still look good.

Cross your fingers that I'll be able to finish this knock, knock joke in a good way tomorrow:

A: Knock, knock.

Q: Who's there?

A: Orange.

Q: Orange who?

A: ????

No comments: