Saturday, December 10, 2005

Two Down, Two to Go

Hooray, Hooray! Let's give a cheer...
Finished Object Number Two is here!

Oren is modeling the scarf I made for my stepdad, Mike. Forgive the flash, but otherwise it would just be a blurry white blotch on a blurry black background lit by a blurry orange light.

This was the scarf made from Rowan Ribbon Twist in Ripple on Size 19 Addi Turbos. I CO 16 stitches and did the whole 6'2" in K2,P2. Ohmygod. By a certain point, I wanted to tear out my hair, and I did commit knitting infidelity (see previous post), but now, it's finished.

Unfortunately, it has received 1 negative review. Oren says it's itchy. Hmmm. Not quite sure what to do about that. We'll see what Mike says at Christmas.

So in celebration, I've cast on for this project. This is the scarf I want to make for Mom for Christmas. We'll see how it goes...it's my first pattern, and the yarn and needles are a lot different than my previous projects.

I selected Brown Sheep Company Lamb's Pride Worsted in Creme and Prairie Fire and picked up some Size 8 Addi Turbos. First off, the yarn is much thinner and so are the needles. I've been cheating with big, fat yarn and big, fat needles to get my first two FOs complete. I picked this yarn because it's the same recommended for the Alien Illusion Scarf in Stitch 'n' Bitch.

Eek. A small crisis of knitting confidence. Can I do this???

I've still got Rachel's scarf on the needles, and I'm really enjoying the pattern. I think it's only going to be 4 or 5 foot long, because it's so wide, it doesn't need to wrap around the neck twice.

T-minus 13 days til the trip to Indiana. C'mon fingers, let's do your stuff!

No comments: