Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Knitting Infidelity


Mr. Knitting Project, meet Mr. New Knitting Project.

The ole K2P2 ribbing was starting to drive me batty, so I decided to start working on my sister Rachel's orange scarf. I'm still going to finish Mike's -- it really is getting there -- but I needed a pattern break.

Rachel's is Lion Brand Wook-Ease Thick and Quick in Pumpkin 133. I'm using my first pair of straight needles, some Takumi Bamboo in Size 13. I really like how they feel and how the pattern is coming together. I actually like how the needles stick out from my arms, though they probably will be more difficult to handle in close quarters, like if I'm knitting in the car on the way to someplace.

The pattern for Rachel's scarf called for six rows of ribbing and then started the following pattern:
Row 1: Knit on RS
Row 2: K2, p to last 2 sts, K2
Row 3-4: Repeat Rows 1-2
Row 5: Purl
Row 6: Knit

It creates 4 rows of Stockinette st on the RS and 2 rows of Reverse Stockinette (purls). And it's R-E-E-A-A-L-L-L-L-Y-Y W-I-I-I-I-D-E. So I think it will be one that just wraps around the neck once and crosses the chest.

And I've still not started Mom's Snowflake Illusion scarf yet. Maybe I can get Mike's done this weekend, and then I'll be halfway through the Indiana projects.

Although...

We're having baby showers for my cousin Elizabeth and my cousin Ernie's wife, Rachel. So I got three balls of TLC Cotton Plus in white (it's really soft) and I thought about using my baby Knifty Knitter loom to whip out two little baby hats and then attach little pom-poms to the top.

Is that knitting infidelity too, to use a Knifty Knitter loom??

No comments: