Friday, December 15, 2006

Want to Knit....

I saw a knitter on the Metro today. My first encounter with a fellow subway train KIP-per. It looked like she was working on a scarf with some nice worsted weight purple (maybe tweedy?) yarn. She was a thrower (English), working with some wooden straights.

That got me to thinking about sitting down with my KnittinSis at Christmas and having our very own SnB. I really want my mom and other sis to join in with us, so I think I'll bring along some extra needles and yarn for them, or pick up some from Sarah's stash. It would be really nice for the 4 of us to do a crochet class together, since that's something I want to learn too.

I can't wait for vacation. It should be great.

Of course, I really need to get to work on the watermelon socks if I'm planning to wear them on the plane to Indiana. I didn't get any knitting in today at all, what with cleaning the entire house and having friends come visit from Philly.

We hit the National Building Museum and Smithsonian American Art Museum today. I think it's on to the Holocaust Museum tomorrow, and maybe another one. We'll see what the kid is up for...

I gotta get some stitches in tonight while we sit up chatting...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My yarn is your yarn! I got a big skein ... which turned into a big ball ... of the homemade stuff at YU. I'm starting to make little cuffs for the felted slippers. I'm just not sure I'm happy with the tops of the slippers after they are felted, and I saw these cute cuffs attached to felted mittens, but maybe I'm just procrastinating on all my other projects. I need some advice! I can't wait until you get here :)

Btw, the word verification thingies are getting weirder and weirder. I think they are talking to me in code. I looked at "omjvwoyw" and saw, "oh my! Wow!". Maybe I've just had too much coffe this morning.