I am going to borrow Maryse's idea and make this a Things I Like Monday. But on a Tuesday. Because feeling negative isn't good for anyone.
1. Orchids at the National Botanic Garden. It doesn't matter how many times I've seen them, the roomful of orchids is awe-inspiring. Also, a great place to take an active kid on a cold day.
2. Cadbury Creme Eggs.
3. Scrubs. Hilarious show. Even if I am in a crappy mood, it makes me laugh out loud.
4. Wearing the felted mittens I made. They are so warm and comfy, though too long. If I make another pair, I would increase the rate of decreases at the fingertips.
5. When Slim and I are in the same moment at the same time just enjoying each other's company. And developing new wells of patience for those times when we aren't.
6. Total Eclipse of the Heart. And the fact that I can remember most of the words from singing them at the top of my lungs so many times during my angsty years in high school.
7. Tattoos. Following Scout's Craft-Tat Meme, I'm showing mine. I have two, a butterfly on my left shoulder and the Chinese character for Dragon (my Chinese zodiac sign) on my right ankle.
Both of the tattoos are very meaningful for me. For one, there are quite a few members on my dad's side of the family with tattoos, starting with my grandfather. He was a professional wrestler (Tinker Todd), and he has a man wrestling a snake on his forearm. My dad got a butterfly on his right shoulder in the Navy. I went with my aunt (my dad's sister) to get my first tattoo -- the butterfly on my left shoulder. My sister and two cousins (my aunt's sons) also have tattoos.
The second tattoo is this dragon character. I was born in the year of the Fire Dragon, and I wanted to have more of the qualities of the Fire Dragon. So I got the character tattooed on my ankle where I could easily see it. (It's the only one I can photograph right now, so it's the only one I'll post.)
I have been wanting to get a third tattoo for a while now. Probably something that incorporates the kids in some way. A Rooster and a Pig? Maybe we'll go with their names...
There. I am as cheery as I'm going to get. Yet it's better than yesterday.
An appointment with the midwife today yielded no progress...no dilation, but a healthy baby still. I'll go for another appointment next Thursday with the midwife and a sonogram to make sure baby has enough fluid and is moving well, unless there's action between now and then.
A friend reminded me that once the baby gets here (two kids on two totally different schedules), I'll probably wonder why I was anxious to get past the pregnancy part and into the sleepless nights of breastfeeding and sleeplesss days of toddler chasing.
Meanwhile...send some good labor vibes Alison's way today.
No knit progress to report, other than an inch or two on the scarf. Beautiful colors, great needles...I'm hoping it'll zip by. Though I'll probably put in some time tonight on the socks so I can see how the yarn cooperates. I'm trying to avoid pooling this time...