Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Still Here

It's been a while since my last post, and we're off to another family gathering soon, so I just wanted to leave an update that we're still hanging in here.

We had a little excitement in NYC with one of the SILs taking me to the hospital on Sunday for some light contractions. Luckily it was just the onset of a stomach bug that caused the contractions, so they eased off the next day. We haven't made a baby yet here.

Slim and I had so much fun in NYC. Slim playing with his cousins, and me hitting the art openings and museums with my SILs. It was so good to hang out with family. And all the art was inspiring.

But things are on a high stress level here...I won't lie. We're off to NC with NCGrandpa so we can meet up with all the family for my aunt's wedding. I'm looking forward to it, but I don't feel like I have everything together yet. Plus we're planning on traveling through the day, and Slim can be, well, "challenging" in the car for too long. We'll see how it goes.

Pics when we return...and a review of the MofAD knitting show and hopefully, actual knitting content.

I think that is part of the reason why I'm stressed...I haven't picked up the needles in almost a week. EEK!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude!
Bring your needles! I'm bringing my socks, Some potential hat stuff, and the start of a doggie sweater for Gabby (Ben's mom's dog). I need some help with the socks. I think I might try smaller needles, but I'm not sure. I lurve lurve lurve the variegated yarn you got me for Christmas! It is beauteous and oh so nice to my fingers. My skin got so dry after knitting a couple of 100% wool hats and felting some fuzzy feet!
Can't wait to see you!
Love you!
PS. I have 10 hours of car knitting! (I'm riding with Mom since Ben's not able to come.)

Anonymous said...

Sit down, relax and knit a little. And get the facial you talked about.

Deep breath, exhale. Deep breath, exhale. Then go for a swim.

Caroline said...

Just reading about what you've been up to is exhausting - and I'm not pregnant! Thanks for the encouragement on the socks. I finished them and I'd give myself a B+. Pictures to be posted shortly. I just started to top down short row socks, so we'll see how those turn out. Have a blast in NC!