Saturday, November 26, 2005

A back story?

I feel like I should give more details about myself than the cheesy blogspot profile lets you enter. But first, today's knit (will try to post photos later):

Rowan Ribbon Twist (70% wool, 25% acrylic, 5% polyamide) in cream, gray and taupe. 3 balls (100g, 66yds) This is some expensive, but beautiful yarn.

Addi Turbo (wow! fast...) Size US19, 32in circular needles

A take-off on a Stitch 'n' Bitch "Ribbed for Her Pleasure" scarf (the pink one in the photo).

CO 16 stitches. K2, P2. Ad nauseum...

So far only about 5inches long, and I want to make it for my stepdad Mike for Christmas. I want it closer to 60 inches long. I am soooooo impatient.

The only reason I've gotten that much done is that Oren took Malcolm and Mia the dog out for a walk in the park and I'm recuperating from a cold on the couch in front of the TV. cough, cough...

And another thing that makes me impatient: breastfeeding in the middle of the night when I'm sick. I love my kid, but it's a hell of a time to hit a growth spurt and wake up every two hours. I'm exhausted. And yet can't stop knitting...

My back story is that I just moved to DC in July with a month-old baby, a husband and a dog into a 550-sf apartment. I'm staying home with the kid for the time being, and got an attack of craftiness. So this month I took a beginning knitting class at Stitch DC here on Capitol Hill and just finished my first project: a keyhole scarf for my sister Sarah for Christmas.

Interestingly, it's not the project that we started in class. That is still a WIP (work in progress). Theoretically, it's a scarf for my mom for Christmas. With 4 sisters, 4 parents, a baby and a husband, Christmas/Hanukkah is coming too fast this year.

Off to cook dinner. I need to find a recipe for the shrimp, scallops and squid that I got the other day at Whole Foods. I want to cook the pasta birds nests that I got too.

Where are the boys?? Last thing I heard was a call 2 hours ago from Oren as he was backtracking looking for Malcolm's hat. Let's hope he hasn't also lost the dog or the baby. Wouldn't surprise me.

No comments: