Saturday, December 05, 2009

Fiber Party

Well, there was jewelry, pottery, painting, drawing, silk painting, and other arts on display too, but I was there for the fiber. (Check out that yarn tree behind me...)

The Art League's 2009 ArtFest was a blast! An awesome band, a little bit o' the drinky, tons of people and yarn. What more do you need?

My rigid heddle weaving instructor asked me to demonstrate, and our classroom was packed with a knitter, spinner, frame loom weaver, rug maker, and floor loom weaver. Other than the potter working in the next classroom over, I think we had the most dynamic room for hands-on demonstration.

Of course I made much less progress than I thought I would, but that's what happens with the lips are flapping but the fingers are not flying...Still, it should turn into a couple of cute scarves for the boys for Hanukkah.

2 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

It's great that you demo'ed so early in your weaving career!! I definitely have trouble when I talk and weave.

Hopefully you've inspired some new weavers to give it a try!!

Sue

indianafuji said...

And your February Lady Sweater is BEAUTIFUL! My sister is fiber-licious.