Saturday, November 28, 2009

November Color

I've become as much a weaving blog junkie as I was a knitting blog junkie.

So when Sue at Life Looms Large put out a call for November color, I opened my eyes to the world around me.

When the boys and I went for a walk at the National Arboretum for Thanksgiving, this is what the Cap'n and I saw.


(He was just as inspired as I was, and wants to put some of the color into his pottery. Half of these photos are his.)

I hope everyone out there is having as inspiring and creative fall as I am. I am looking forward to a productive winter.

I am thankful that the Cap'n and I made it through what has been our worst year yet together, and we and the boys are happy, healthy and all in one piece. Hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

P.S. Check this link out on their website: The Science of Color in Autumn Leaves. Includes an amazing Fall Foliage gallery.


2 comments:

Mom said...

Ginny,
Thank you for sharing these beautiful and wonderful pictures of the Fall season in DC. Looks like you had a great walk.

Love Mom

Life Looms Large said...

These are great pictures! I'm a little jealous of how colorful it is there at this time of year!

Thanks for joining in!! I'm glad to find your blog and to see that you're taking weaving classes especially!!! (But I love knitting too!)

Sue