Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Yum, Yum



This is the Noro Kureyon Multi-Directional scarf that I have been going on about for a while (in the purple/hunter colorway). I'm on the third skein and hoping to finish, fringe and block it sometime soon.

Like Malcolm's book says, "Yum, Yum." The yarn is really nice to work with, and I love how the short rows highlight the color changes.

It'll be my first blocking project too. It curls a little right now, and I think it'll lay flatter, looser and wider with a little bit of blocking.

I've also made my first gauge swatch for the Warmest Spoil Me Sweater of Buttery Goodness in the Whole Wide World (TM), on the size 17 needles. I'm not sure if I'm getting the tension the pattern calls for (7-1/2 stitches by 9 rows in 4x4in), so I'm also doing a gauge swatch on the size 19 needles. I guess I'll take both to the first class and get Olivia's opinion. Since it is such large yarn and an oversized pattern, I don't want to go wrong on the gauge and end up donating my new sweater to Tai Shan's mom.

Malcolm has been really into reading his books lately, especially nursery rhyme classics from his Saba and Barbara and Tickle the Duck from his Auntie Sarah. He actually reaches to tickle the duck.

He's also up to 2 meals a day -- today's menu included peaches and bananas. I can't wait til his next doctor's appointment on Jan. 31 to see how much he weighs. Momma's Lil' Pumpkinhead!

No comments: